My students and I are mutually fascinated. For most of them, I am their first foreign teacher. For most of them, I'm the first teacher who doesn't read straight out of a textbook. You could say we're in a kind of a dance at the moment.
The goal is English, I tell them, but more importantly, the goal is communication. What a beautiful bridge language can be. "Think guys... think", I always say. They haven't thought about that much before :)


They're full of smiles. They want to learn. They know about as much about themselves as they do about English. They definitely have a lot to learn.
UPDATE
I'm going on another trip! The school is taking us to a city called Qingdao in Shandong province. It's supposed to be pretty cool. I have been going pretty non-stop, so I think I'm ready for a vacation this time. It will be a great time to reflect on how fruitful these first months have been.
I've been rejoicing lately. I've seen the reality of this Hope we confess and have gripped it harder than ever. I'm learning more and more what Paul meant- "I am not ashamed of the good news, for it is the power to save."
I'm so thankful for your support. Keep the comments coming!





I love seeing the faces of the students...it truly warms my heart to see them and know you are impacting their lives. Wow. I love it. Great blog!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures, Chase! The close-ups are the ones I always love the best when I view pictures from anybody. I know you either had or will have fun on your trip! You mentioned vacation.......... I hope you got some R&R (Rest and Recreation). Love, Susan
ReplyDeleteInteresting stuff, Chase. Thanks for keeping us posted on your work in that fascinating country.
ReplyDeleteHey buddy. I love the pictures. Be good, be safe, change lives, and eat a lot of hotpot!
ReplyDeleteT