Beijing. 20 Million. Not in Alabama anymore.
Which is why I love scenery when I can find it.
This is Houhai, a pretty cool lake district.
My living scenery for the month. The RuYi is great!
So is the Forbidden City! My Dad: "I just don't understand- if it's forbidden, how can you get in?" My thoughts exactly, Dad.
Where I learn to teach. Very informative classes.
What's that saying, "you can take a man out of America,
but not America out of the man"? Yeah.
Do you line up like this every Sunday morning? A local Three-Self Fellowship. You can read more about this one here. Amazing to see how the Kingdom is expanding here... I love having a front-row seat!
So that's a small glimpse of my life. We just finished a teaching methodology class last week and began Asian Culture and Communication this week. Back to school...but I'm a nerd and I like it.
Fun fact:
To get a sense of how crowded this part of China is,
take the U.S. population,
multiply it by 4,
then move 95% of those people east of the Mississippi River...
that's the population distribution here in Eastern China.
Crowded, ya think? But as we've been reminded (because it's true), the Father's most beautiful creation really is people. So the more the merrier!
Wow....beautiful scenery...beautiful people. Yep, it looks a bit crowded! I think of it as seeing all the Auburn fans (85,000+, in the stadium) sitting in the end zone....that fits my brain. I'm very happy there is a Starbucks nearby! That's mercy! "Do not climbing...." good reason to teach! Love it! I love you nerd!
ReplyDeleteMom
Starbucks and an Apple Store. Jenn and I would feel right at home! We miss you and are proud of you for what you're doing!
ReplyDeleteLove the "Do Not Climbing" sign! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. Love your blog! Not over bearing and keeps me wanting more! Thanks bro! I am really encouraged to see you serving the Lord on the other side of the world!
ReplyDeleteAmanda,
ReplyDeleteHave fun and enjoy the ministry. This is a God blessing! Sister Cookie