Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thanks, Mom

Oh hey, laundry.
As I laid socks over the drying rack, I could help but remember the good ole days:
Casually tossing clothes in a basket and meandering to the laundry room downstairs.
A "Thanks, Mom!" and that was it. Done. I would next see my clothes folded in a nice stack.
And now I'm in Asia.
This rack is in my room because that's exactly where laundry happened this week.
"In the washing machine?" you might ask. No, no, no. Try the shower...
Yep, a laundry stomping performance reminiscent of Lucy stomping grapes at the vineyard.
(Nick-at-Night anyone?)
I think I'll try the cleaners next time, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.
If anything it has made me more thankful for my mother. And she deserves it.
Thanks, Mom!

Adjustments
So that's just a small glimpse. You learn to embrace adjustments and flexibility here. It's the kind of adjustment that keeps me going back to Phil 2:5-11. Time after time I end up at: yes, yes it's worth it.

Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me so thankful I have a washer & dryer! Yikes! I'm also thankful you are graced to be in Asia...it is sufficient.
    I love you washer man!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete