

Yep, my first casualties.
Apparently, holding a dumpling with chopsticks over a plate of soy sauce/vinegar is problematic (note to self).
That's the bottom picture. The top one is of a boiled peanut that was out to get me (but hey, at least they have boiled peanuts!)
The good news is that I fit in now with most pedestrians walking the streets with "accented clothing," as I like to call it.
There have been plenty of cultural spills these last few days- idiosyncrasies you just learn to take in stride. The smells, sounds, and perilous traffic all speak of transition. How wonderful it is to have to constantly remind yourself why you are here. Really, it is wonderful.
The latest: Training/Classes
They've taken it easy on us the past few days. We've had orientation type meetings in the mornings and free afternoons after lunch to explore. Beijing is great. Intriguing history, bustling modernity, flourishing hope. Overall, I'm thankful for the room to breath a bit. Especially since our teaching certification classes start tomorrow- not so much room to breathe. However, I am excited about being further equipped to teach. You can remember me in that and make requests for strength and focus!
Now that I've gotten settled in Beijing, I'll be posting more often.
Thanks to all for your support!
Don't you mess up anymore shirts!! lol Great blog...so glad you're settling in & "fitting" in. Only good things ahead. I love you! Mom
ReplyDeleteHey! I have read all of your posts so far. So glad you are getting settled okay. I will be checking in every week. It is hot here with afternoon rainstorms here and there. All is fine with us. Until next time....Susan
ReplyDeleteI walked the wall in awe. I remember thinking and watching what hard working people. Fredna, Julia and Laura spent the night 8/21. I invited them to put pictures in large frame bought about 3 years ago.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to next time...Flarcie