Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stakes.

Pretend you're Abraham.
Hammer in hand. About to drive the stakes into the ground.
You've just arrived in the "distant land."
You've journeyed. You've dreamed. You've believed.

Far from familiar. Everything is different.
What are you thinking as you drive your tent stakes into the foreign soil?
Those words must be ringing in your ears...His words...His promises...
Are they certain? Is HE certain?

Tomorrow, I hammer stakes into my new home in China.
You can insert whatever metaphor you'd like for that here,
but the bottom line is I trust Him.
His words are ringing in my ears,
and they are certain because He is certain.
I know in Whom I have believed,
and into that soil I'll joyfully hammer my stakes.

Rejoicing!

---------------------
A few notes...
-I'm not sure how long it will take me to set up the internet in my apartment, so there might be a bit of lag in my communication. We arrive tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll get that taken care of on Tuesday!
-Thank you all for lifting me up so consistently. Requests in His name certainly are powerful- I'll testify to that.
-My team is awesome. I just met them yesterday, and I already feel so comfortable with them. I'll definitely have more on them later.
-I love your comments and e-mails. Please keep them coming, along with updates on you!


1 comment:

  1. I trust Him, too, for all He has for you! Papa is good! Happy travels...we will await your communication hook-up:) Looking onward and Upward.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete