Walmart
That's right, the one and only. In true American fashion, the morning after we landed our team piled in the van and did our part in stimulating the Chinese economy. Included in the small mountain in my buggy was an electric kettle (very useful), cleaner (even more useful...I'll spare you details), and peanut butter (it's the small things, ya know?).
Metro
Yes, I put another store in bold letters, but only because this is where I got my coffee maker (you just try drinking instant coffee for a month). I also got some popcorn and paper towels, in case you're interested.
Basketball
Among my few comfort purchases were some basketball shoes (yes, they had my size!). I've put them to good use already and have met some really cool students in the process. I'm so excited to develop those friendships.
Home
By this I mean the feeling of being settled in your abode. It's certainly a process, but I'm making good progress. Auburn decorations are scattered around (2 days until kickoff...so pumped), so that has helped. Making this place my own is definitely a goal of mine, and it's certainly something you can lift up for me.
Team Time
The best for last. These 4 other folks are awesome. Caleb, Connie, Faith and Kelly have warmly welcomed me and made me feel at home. We've been doing team building stuff this week, and I'm really thankful for the chemistry we've developed. I feel so comfortable around them.
Well, I'll stop there for now. I'm thinking about doing a video tour of the apartment when it's more presentable, so stay tuned. I'm only teaching one class a week until mid-October (most of my students are Freshman who have to go through military training) so hopefully I'll have some more time to clue you in on life.
Thank you all for your overwhelming support and love. I can't tell you how supported I feel. Keep the correspondence coming!
P.S. Just as a teaser for later posts, there is really, really great stuff happening here... I'm definitely supposed to be here :)
So excited for you Chase :) Isn't in a blessing to feel so confirmed in where God has called you?? Praying for you buddy.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your where God wants you to be. We all miss you and pray for you.
ReplyDelete